Think I may have found it, it was multiple runs of the filter, one for each
segment reader, I was generating a new map to hold distances each time. So
only the distances from the
last segment reader were stored.

Currently it looks like those segmented searches are done serially, well in
solr they are-
I presume the end goal is to make them multi-threaded ?
I'll need to make my map synchronized