On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Yonik Seeley
<yo...@lucidimagination.com> wrote:

> Selecting backward compatibility vs latest and greatest could be done
> w/o Settings (a simple static int containing the version number to act
> like).  It seems like the Settings debate should be based on it's own
> merits.

But isn't a static int too restrictive?  That means all usage of
Lucene from within this JRE must match that version?

Or... we could add a "simple int" version identifier to certain
classes' ctors?  So when you create a Lucene class, you'd pass in
matchinVersion integer (eg VERSION_24)?  This way each class
internally switches its defaults, and we wouldn't have a central place
where all of 2.4's defaults are stored?

Or... something else?

Mike