>> Custom analyzers.
> No problem.
How are they recorded in the index?

>> Several indexes using the same analyzer.
> No problem.  Only necessary if the analyzer is costly or has some esoteric
> need for shared state.  And possible via subclassing Schema or Analyzer.
It is.

>> Intentionally different analyzers for indexing and searching.
> No problem.  That only makes sense in the context of QueryParser, and the KS
> QueryParser allows you to supply an analyzer which overrides the Schema.
But well, it differs from analyzer used for indexation in one or two
options, and shares a heap of others.

>> Using this analyzer without any index at all - like I do highlight on
>> a separate machine to minimize GC pauses, or tag docs by running a
>> heap of queries against MemoryIndex.
> No problem.  Distribute a Schema subclass among several machines.
You mean read an index on one machine, create Analyzer, serialize it
and send over the wire to other machines? I hope that's either a joke
or I misunderstood you.

I'm not opposed to the idea itself. It's just that it should be a
layer over existing functionality and in no way something mandatory.
Storing a list of stopwords in the index sounds fun. Storing a fat
synonym/morphology dictionary while completely analogous, is no longer
fun.

--
Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко (ear...@gmail.com)
ICQ: 104465785