>> I hope Michael will have time to review this, too. It seems that we are
the only ones who can follow the thread J and all these “hey here is a BW
break…” hick-hacks.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the new API. I think its going to be *much*
harder for new users to grok/manipulate. These back compat breaks are only
going to make it that much more difficult. I think that it could be a fine
trade off if Flexible Indexing ends up being able to move mountains for me,
but as I think that's going to end up being niche coolness, I'm just not
100% keen on the new API. So basically, I don't have enough interest to
catch up with these patches and read through this whole thread. I'm also
concerned with a point someone previously brought up - we are deprecating
the old API, telling users to move, but we are labeling the new API as
experimental and subject to change. Jump user, jump.

- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com