On 8/17/09 3:51 PM, Mark Miller wrote:
Thanks to everyones hard work, Lucene 2.9 is nearly upon us. We have been swirling around 5 or so issues for some time – but its finally looking like we can hit the magic '0' number this week, barring many new surprises.

I'd love to see that by the end of the week if at all possible. It hasn't been a bad thing that wrap up has taken this long – its given our brave trunk user community more time to flag and test the issues we have been cramming in lately – but it seems to me its about time to start a real testing period on something more stable. If we can get down to 0 issues by the end of the week, I think we will be ready to make the release branch. Here is whats holding us up:

LUCENE-1768 NumericRange support for new query parser

This issue looks troublesome. Anyone know if its likely to be resolved soon? I see that Yonik has suggested pushing it till the next release. Because the new QueryParser is not yet slated to replace the old, it seems this one is no longer the blocker issue it appeared to be? Would be great to get info either way.

I also thing we should defer this one.

LUCENE-1791 Enhance QueryUtils and CheckHIts to wrap everything they check in MultiReader/MultiSearcher

I believe has is ready to commit this one – essentially done.

LUCENE-1692 Contrib analyzers need tests

Robert is about to commit this one – essentially done.

LUCENE-1813 Add option to ReverseStringFilter to mark reversed tokens

Looks like there is a bit left to do, but that this will likely be done this week.

LUCENE-1792 new QueryParser fails to set AUTO REWRITE for multi-term queries

Our other problem child. Hows it looking on finishing this? I see Michael is still waiting on an apply-able patch. Looks like this and 1768 are the only possible hold ups at the moment.

I'm optimistic that we can resolve this within the next couple of days.

 Michael