RC2 now available for testing)

> : My question is, I would prefer to track SVN commits to keep track of
> : changes, vs. what I'm doing now.  This will allow us to stay weeks
> : behind a Java release vs. months or years as it is now.  However, while
> : I'm subscribed to SVN's commits mailing list, I'm not getting all those
> : commits!  For example, a commit made this past Friday, I never got an
> : email for, while other commits I do.  Any idea what maybe going on?
>
> i suggest you track things based on a combination of svn base url (ie:
> trunk vs a branch) and the specific svn revision number at the moment of
> your latest checkout -- that way you don't even need to subscribe to the
> commit list, just do an "svn diff -r" whenever you have some time to work
> on it and see what's been committed since the last time you worked on it.
>
> Hell: you could probably script all of this and have hudson do it for
> you.
>

> -Hoss

What we need is a way to map an SVN commit in Java Lucene to a Lucene.Net
JIRA issue.  This way, we can track and assign those JIRA issues as port
tasks in Lucene.Net world.

I don't know much about how SVN revision numbers work.  If from SVN revision
numbers, we can get back each commit, then this is the best solution
(especially if hudson can do it for us).

-- George