Finally catching up to this.

I'll take your suggestions and improve the copy for the release ann.

{quote}Also, should we clean up CHANGES.txt to fix entries that were
obsoleted by more recent commits?  EG we still have this:

  7. LUCENE-1483: Added new MultiReaderHitCollector which enables faster
     hit collection by notifying the collector for each sub-reader
     that's visited.  All core collectors now use this API.  (Mark
     Miller, Mike McCandless) {quote}

I hadn't kept up enough in this area to even know this was outdated -
thanks, I'll get it - as soon as we figure out...

bq.

Causing a
cascaded renumbering... I think we should stop numbering CHANGES
entries?

+1. I've had to renumber plenty and the benefit is so limited. If you
really want numbering, a tool like the changes2html could still add the
numbers - no reason to have them in changes though - the issue already
has a good id.

Anyone really want to keep the numbers?

--
- Mark