I do not know, how this could affect Solr, but it could be the case.
Currently most Tokenizers do not use CharStreams at all. After committing
LUCENE-1906, I think there is also some additional work in Solr's custom
Tokenizers needed (changed the correctOffset method).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de