: I think the other tests do not catch it because the error only happens
: if the docID is over 8192 (the chunk size that BooleanScorer uses).
: Most of our tests work on smaller sets of docs.

I don't have time to try this out right now, but i wonder if just
modifying the QueryUtils wrap* functions to create bigger "empty" indexes
(with thousands of deleted docs instead of just a handful) would have
triggered this bug ... might be worth testing against 2.9.0 to make sure
there aren't any other weird edge cases before cutting 2.9.1.

-Hoss