Your search would be on the "contents" field if you use LucenePDFDocument.

But on a quick look, LucenePDFDocument doesn't give you any page
information. So, you'd have to collect that somehow, but I don't see a clear
way to.

Doing it manually, you could do something like:

Document doc = new Document();
for (each page in the document) {
  doc.add("contents", <text for page>);
  record the offset of the last term in the page you just indexed);
}
doc.add("metadata", <string representation of the page offsets>);
iw.addDocument(doc);

Now, when you search you can get the offsets of the matching term,
then look in your metadata field for the page number.

Perhaps you could use the LucenePDFDocument in conjunction with this
somehow, but I confess that I've never used it so it's not clear to me how
you'd do this.

Incidentally, the Hits object is deprecated, what version of Lucene are
you intending to use?

Best
Erick