+1

I guess we'd add a Fieldable.setOmitPositions?  And then save that in
FieldInfos, and fix the postings writing/reading to respect it?  Ie,
we can just change the index format.  Encoding as negative numbers
isn't great because the termFreq is written as a vInt, which consumes
5 bytes to encode any negative number.  Wanna cough up a patch?
Probably this should wait until 3.1.

Mike