Oops, stupid mouse made me send a blank message.

Ok, I withdraw the question since there *are* good reasons to put
3.0 in a prod environment <G>. It's also an easier thing to say "new Lucene
users should start with 3.0" rather than "new Lucene users should
start with 3.1. Use 3.0 until we release 3.1 but be aware we're not going to
support 3.0...." Yuuuuccckkkk....

Erick