+1 to release.  I used each version's binary release to build & search a
5M wikipedia index.

Search performance is the same for TermQuery with both releases, but
for PhraseQuery (at least the 3 simple 2-word phrases I tested) was
~9% faster (20.49 QPS -> 22.29 QPS).  Not sure why... but it's moving
in the right direction!

contrib/benchmark is somewhat not fun to use from a non-source
release.  We don't ship a build.xml so you can't do "ant run-task...".
And you have to go get the various dep libs yoursself.  I don't think
this is really a big deal -- I think having to run from a source
release is fine.

Mike