+1

 Michael

On 3/14/10 9:53 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:
Given the notion of "one project, one set of committers", I think we should do away with
the notion of contrib committers for java-dev and just have everyone be committers.  Practically
speaking, this would make all existing contrib committers be core committers.  I think the notion
of contrib committers has added to the confusion about the status of contrib as well as acted like
a "probation" for new committers.  To me, I don't think we should make that distinction,
as has been evidenced time and time again, if we trust someone to commit to contrib, we can trust
them to commit to core.  And if we don't trust them to contrib to core then we probably shouldn't
contrib either.  Much of being a committer is about knowing what not to touch as it is to touch and
I trust that all of our contrib committers know that.

Thoughts?

-Grant