Hi,

at least since august 2009 nobody has dared to ask this question, so let's
start a flamewar:
Don't you think, it's time for lucene and solr to switch to GIT?

And now seriously:
I did the last packaging of SOLR 1.4 for Debian and I intend to continue doing
so. Since I'm doing the packaging in GIT, I'm asking myself, whether I should
base the packaging GIT repository on the SOLR repo found at git.apache.org?
However if the one from git.a.o is not stable and may crash at any given time,
this would not be a good idea.
And the best thing for those packagers like me would be of course, if the GIT
repo would be the official one.

And I wonder, if there are really people using SVN and downloading douzens of
patch files from jira? Isn't it, that everybody already uses git-svn?

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro