From: Manjula Srinivas <talk2manj...@gmail.com>
Subject: [java ee programming] Re: NetBeans vs. Eclipse/RAD, etc...
To: ruchir.pan...@gmail.com
Cc: mick.tim...@gmail.com, karlk...@yahoo.com,
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 5:25 PM

For a long time I had been think to explore a bit about RAD, Can
anyone give me the link to download RAD for free.
Any documents to use the same will be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance,
Manjula

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM, ruchir pandit <ruchir.pan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Mick,
>    I am also using IBM RAD. I don't see any issue here. The only issue
is it
> consumes more memory than Eclipse so make sure that RAM supports this.
Let

<mick.tim...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm not using Eclipse for this course, but I've used IBM's
Rad & Eclipse a
>> lot over the years. I don't think it'll be problem to do the
course using
>> either of those IDE's, just make sure when you submit your
homework as a WAR
>> file that you include the source also (there should be a checkbox on
the WAR
>> file creation window).
>>
>> Luck
>> Mick
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Karl <karlk...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>> Hey folks,
>>> I know this tutorial recommends the use of NetBeans as the IDE for
the
>>> course, but I've been using RAD for quite some time now. So:
>>> 1) Are others using Eclipse for this course and find it easy to
translate
>>> the instructions from one IDE (NetBeans) to the other (Eclipse)
or,
>>> 2) for ease of ramp up, just use NetBeans and get to it <g>
!