From: java-ee-j2ee-programming-with-passion@googlegroups.com
[mailto:java-ee-j2ee-programming-with-pass...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
cruzc
Sent: 07 March 2009 04:28
To: Java EE (J2EE) Programming with Passion!
Subject: [java ee programming] JSP Basics lesson - hello1 questions

Hello everyone

I am a beginner in J2EE. At present, I am working on JSP Basics
lesson , but I have doubts. Can someone help me?

I had problems with Exercise 1 (hello1), sometimes I had a browser
screen error wit HTTP status 500, but now it is working OK.

I read that, in a real web application, there are client browsers, an
HTTP server, an Application server and a database.

Questions:

1.      Where  does the browser screen with HTTP status 500 error is
generated?    The IDE?, the HTTP server?, the Application server?, the
browser?
2.      The screen with HTTP status 500 error says about log files in the
server with description of the errors with this message "The full
stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the
Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 logs". Where can I see those
files and what other kind of errors are possible to be displayed in
the browser?
3.      In a real web application. Can be the http server and the
application server the same server, or they are different servers,
physically?

Thanks in advance.

Cruz

16:09:00