Andrea,

Typically this is a database configuration setting. Java items like
named queries and their parameters are case sensitive, but database
operations like where clauses and comparisons are case sensitive or
insensitive depending on database configuration. For example, SQL
server is by default case insensitive so the conditional
    @txt = 'consistent'
evaluates to true if @txt has either value 'consistent' or 'Consistent'

bill