Hi experts,

I need to strip HTML out of the code BUT with some filter, i.e. keep
certain tags in. I got as far as this below where it really strips
HTML and keeps the tags I want (<a> and <i>) but it does not keep
ending tags (</a> and </i>). Please see clear example below:

System.out.println(regex);
System.out.println( java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(regex,
java.util.regex.Pattern.CASE_INSENSITIVE).matcher(in).replaceAll
("") );

Result: <i>Italic here and <a href='http://www.x.com'>link here and
the rest of removed HTML
here</a> and the rest of removed HTML

Please recommend the solution if possible.
Thank you.