Hi

You have to select the event in which you wish to call the function. The
call for the function will be in the text box field itself.

Create a span or div tag for that part besides the name text field. Keep it
hidden by default. Once it enters the error validation, then make the div /
span field as visible.

Alternatively you could populate the span or div tag with the error message
using the "innerhtml" in javascript.

document.forms.field.innerhtml = "Error";

Alternatively , you could use hidden/display part for the error message.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Jitesh Dundas