On Aug 4, 3:07 pm, three-eight-hotel <t...@thepetersonranch.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our company is currently evaluating Content Management and Web Content
> Management solutions, in order to enable our clients to manage
> specific areas of web contents we deliver on their behalf.  For
> example, on a web page (shared by all clients), we have have a footer,
> message block, terms & conditions, etc..  Which we currently change
> for them, based on a request to our IT Staff, for a web page change.
> We'd like to give them an administrative URL (through a WCMS), and
> allow them to manage their own content.
>
> I'm an extreme newbie to the world of CMS's, and just can't seem to
> wrap my head around how you would integrate a J2EE web based
> application (using JSP, Servlets, or a framework like Struts), with a
> Content Management System???  How do the two coexist and play
> together???
>
> I'm merely looking for someone to point me in the direction of some
> resources, for me to read on my own.  I'm not even sure where to
> start!
>
> Thanks so much, for any suggestions!
>
> Best Regards,
> Todd

Hi.
I also a newbie in CMS world.
But I believe that each CMS system has its way to be customized.
I have used Drupal and the more integrated way of doing customization
is the creation of modules.
Now I'm looking for a CMS in Java and the best options to consider
( in my opinion) are Magnolia and OpenCMS. But not yet reached that
point of knowledge more detailed of these tools.
But I believe that is something like creating plugins for them.
Also, I saw that the two have jsp support, which leaves the impression
that they are very customizable and can coexist with a web container.
But I still do not know any details of these tools to the point of
creating modules / plugins to change their behavior how I know in
Drupal.
So I still can not give you a better response.