Hi

I think the idea is to do like in the presentation:
-- use the index.jsp to "print" to a application scope variable
"customerTable" the HTML contents that would display a <table> of customers
-- display it effectively in response.jsp through a "<c:out
value="customerTable"...>"

That is how I interpreted it. I hope I was right.

Hope it helps
mihai