hi,

Servlet is a core, Since servlet is difficult to understand Jsp was
developed so that it saves times to code bec tag based language are easy to
understand.

JSP container no doubts internally generates servlets, but without servlet
basic the generated code will be unknown for direct JSP deveeloper.

Anand

AnAnD,
Software Engineer,
ZEDO AdServing