Hi Ted,

The library that contains the class "com.msql.jdbc.Driver" must be in the classpath. To do that, go to the "properties" of your project (right click) and look in the section libraries. You must have the same libraries in the two projects in order to get it working.

Hope it helps
mihai

tedpottel a écrit :
Hi,
I have successfully madea program that access my sql database sevrer.
I tried to create another project connecting to the same data base and
cannot get it to work, I even ended up copying over the code from the
other project. Both projects are in net beans.

I was able to track the problem down to
  Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
Which seems  to be setting off an exception.

I have the following  code
            out.println("pos a");
            Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
            out.println("pos b");
The pos gest printed out, and pos b does not.  The catch cathes an
exception .

Why does Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"); set of an exception,
it works fine in my other project.?
Ted