On Aug 30, 12:59 am, JDragon314159 <zhaoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Netbeans 6.9 installed with glassfish v3.  When I created a project
> the option to chose glassfish v2 was not available.
> 1) Does this mean glassfish v2 is not installed?
Yes, NetBeans 6.9 comes with GlassFish v3 only.

> I was thinking yes.  So I want to now install and went to this page:
>
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2.1.1-final.html
>
> This page will install glassfish version 2 and make it available in
> the IDE with glassfish version 3???
Yes, you may install as many servers/different versions of the same
server as you want with the IDE. But I'm not sure it will work
smoothly in all circumstances. See:
http://netbeans.org/community/releases/69/relnotes.html
- section What's new in 6.9.1, Note at the end concerning version of
JDK.
Your best option is to install NetBeans 6.7.1 or NetBeans OpenESB
which comes with GlassFish v2.1 (I'm sure for the latter one, not
entirely sure for the former one).  See also here:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-0918/inst_jdk_java_home_r?l=en&n=1&a=view
for information on JDK version supported on GlassFish ESB.

Michèle Garoche