On Oct 11, 12:55 am, JDragon314159 <zhaoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do you stop glassfish v3 before opening glassfish v2.1 (or launching
> > the newly configured hello2 project, which is the same from the point
> > of view of the server launch).
>
> OK.  I checked that.  I found out how to stop it.  Then ran with this
> error???
You probably have to undeploy hello2 from glassfish v3, stop glassfish
v3, then clean and build hello2 for glassfish v2, start glassfish v2,
undeploy eventually any previous hello2, deploy hello2.
You may also try to close NetBeans to get rid of eventual library
lock.
If all of that fails (it may happen that there is a server lock
somewhere which impedes the server to be properly stopped), you may
try to reboot.
There is also a way to remove an application from the server when it
is in a wrong state (not correctly deployed or the like) from the
command line (I don't remember exactly how to do it, but this is not
the same for Glassfish v3 and Glassfish v2). A brute force is to
uninstall the server and reinstall it.

Apart from that, it would surprise me if the exactly same project
works in v3 and v2. There is probably some files to change.
The best way to do it is to start from scratch say with a java ee
application in v2 and try to implement all what hello2 has.
Then you can make a diff between projects and you will find probably
some configuration files which are not the same or do not have the
same contents, or some libraries which differ.

Michèle Garoche