Hi Hani,

you might get some useful information here:
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1,5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Class.html

This entry refers also to JLS 15.8.2 explaining the class literals (
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/second_edition/html/expressions.doc.html#251530
):

"A class literal is an expression consisting of the name of a class,
interface, array, or primitive type followed by a `.' and the token class.
The type of a class literal is Class. It evaluates to the Class object for
the named type (or for void) as defined by the defining class loader of the
class of the current instance."

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Stefan