Le vendredi 29 octobre 2010 à 23:21 +0200, Andrew Cowie a écrit :
> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 19:53 +0200, bob wrote:
> > Good news, I successful create a custom CellRenderer in Vala
>
> Um.
>
> You're probably not going to be able to mix java-gnome code and Vala
> code and absolutely not if they use ToggleRefs.
>
> [The GEdit people are going through this right now trying to mix Python
> and JavaScript plugins. It won't work; only one (language) can have a
> ToggleRef to a GObject {shrug}]

Vala isn't an interpreted language like Python or JavaScript, Vala
produce native code like the C language. But I don't know what are
ToggleRef so I can't say if my code is good.

> > I create my custom CellRenderer
>
> We had not really gone much further in talking about what you needed.
> Last you said you wanted to subclass Bin. Now you're talking about
> CellRenderer. Which is it?

I need to extends CellRenderer, I try to extends Bin for testing
exclusively (with success). The first custum CellRenderer is for the
"Navigator". I failed to create a good render with two native
TextCellRenderer and PixbufCellRenderer (different height and different
text position in the same tree) so I create a custom CellRenderer and
that's work. I would like to create a second CellRenderer with stars for
rating eBooks in future.

> At the GTK Hackfest Vreixo and I talked about some possibilities for how
> to implement a subclassable Bin. We could also do this technique for
> CellRenderer too, though neither of us are hacking on that area right
> now.

I'm waiting for extend CellRenderer (or bin) in pure Java !

> > the screenshot
> >
> So back to what you are trying to achieve. In that screenshot all I see
> is what looks to me like something you could do in a TreeView with a
> CellRendererPixbuf and a CellRendererText. What is it that you needed
> custom that we don't have in java-gnome right now? Why not just add 2 ×
> CellRenderer to your TreeViewColumn?

See above I failed to produce the same renderer with 2 CellRenderers.

> > I don't know
> > how to link my library with the libgtkjni.so.
>
> You can't. It's not a public library. It has no public symbols, and no
> API or ABI. It's not for linking against.

I know that libgtkjni isn't a public library, but if we couldn't extends
CellRenderer in pure Java, I would like to create native components, but
I can't call the bindings_java_memory_cleanup method in the code below
because it's a libgtkjni function and I'm afraid that cause some
problems with memory.

JNIEXPORT jlong JNICALL
Java_org_gnome_gtk_LibrebookCellRendererNavigator_librebook_1cell_1renderer_1navigator_1new
  (JNIEnv * env, jclass cls)
{
        LibrebookCellRendererNavigator* result;

        jlong _result;

        // call function
        result = librebook_cell_renderer_navigator_new();

        // translate return value to JNI type
        _result = (jlong) result;

        // cleanup return value
        //if (result != NULL) {
        //      bindings_java_memory_cleanup((GObject*)result, TRUE);
        //}

        // and finally
        return _result;
}

Thanks for you helps and for your great works, I love developing Gnome
application with a good integration in my desktop in Java.