https://github.com/nhrdl/java_gnome

Happy to announce webkit2 bindings for java-gnome. You can get the
source code from above url. There is a simple browser class included in
the code. This class accepts url as command line parameter and displays
browser window. If you want to display web pages or html documents, it
will work for you. Its still lacking some advance features. I am
implementing the features as and when I get time.

Some noteworthy points

1. This is still work in progress. Not all the features that webkit
supports are implemented.
2. Its not as pretty as original java-gnome code. Most of the code is
generated from "GIR" files and compilation errors fixed manually. There
are still lot of FIXMEs in the code, but it does work.
3. It has rudimentary support for extensions. If you need to access DOM
from webkit2, you have to use extensions.

I would have preferred to not to create a separate fork, but did it because

1. I needed support for webkit as soon as possible.
2. I understand that not everyone needs webkit support and in it's
current architecture its very difficult to customize build of java-gone
library to add optional dependencies. Webkti does add lot of weight to
library if you consider other library support required such soup.

Most of the distributions may have WebkitGTk1. If you need support for
that, please drop me a line and I'll add it to repository. From my
perspective, we have much complete support for WebkitGtk1 than
WebkitGtk2. I can upload it to github after some cleanup. At the place
where I work, this code is in heavy use.

Regards,

Niranjan