tid is the system thread pointer, you can usually use it to cross
reference in the
monitor dump, unfortunately the hotspot stack trace isn't as full as the
classic
trace yet. The nid is the native thread id, on linux this translates to
the unix process
number.

Monitor entry means that it is trying to gain access to a monitor lock

regards
calvin

<shameless plug mode on>
For general stack trace analysis see Advanced Programming for the Java 2
platform
that I co-wrote (Austin/pawlan)
<shameless plug mode off>