Brett Smith wrote:

> We are running Reggie (via rmid) and the corresponding http servers on a
> linux machine.  We want these started automatically as the system
> boots.  Attempts to launch rmid from init.rc fails with "execvp: no such
> file or directory".

Have you tried using an explicit path to rmid?  Looks like it's not in
the path.

> Does anyone know the best place to start rmid and the http servers (we
> are using the http that comes with JDK)?  We are using Red Hat 6.2
> linux.

I like to use the rc script system RedHat uses.  To do so, create a
script (or just clone a similar existing one) in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ to
start, stop, and restart your services.  Then use, 'chkconfig' to turn
that service on or off at a specific run level:

  chkconfig --add some-service
  chkconfig --level 3 some-service on

man chkconfig for more info.

Peter