On 30 Oct 2000, Juergen Kreileder wrote:

>     Christoph> I have installed JBuilder 4 on RedHat 6.2 and noticed
>     Christoph> that I can not type certain characters, such as
>     Christoph> *,+,?,\,', etc. This does not seem to be a RedHat
>     Christoph> problem though - I could reproduce it with Debian/Woody
>     Christoph> and Forte for Java. I use Sun's JDK 1.3 in both cases.
>
> It's a bug in Sun's version, our 1.3.0 doesn't have this problem.

Under what conditions does this bug manifest itself?  I'm running JBuilder 4
under both IBM 1.3 (the jvm provided with JB4, by the way) and Sun 1.3,
as well as a number of apps I'm developing, and I've not seen this.

The only glitches I've seen are running JBuilder 4 under Sun 1.3, is in
the editor pane the escape and del keys input a garbage character into
the document being editted.  This doesn't happen running IBM 1.3, but
then IBM's 1.3 is completely useless for debugging.  Every attempt
gets me a core dump from the debuggee no matter what JVM the debuggee is
running.

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson