On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, kason wong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I get another problem when i ran the java program with jni calling c++ program.
> Is it the bug of green thread?

See Liang's JNI book, page 141.  It discusses the evils of mixing
thread models.  Liang doesn't mention Linux specifically here, but he
does say if if your C code is using native threads, then the JVM
you are using must also support native threads.  The last time I looked
at this was Sun's 1.2.2, which only came with green threads. Linking
that with linux native thread libss was right out.  For Solaris there are two
different JVMs, and the 'java' command defaults to green.  You have to
coerce it to use native threads.

The line in the 1.2 README file stating only green threads are supported
is missing from the 1.3 README.

I don't know what applies to Blackdown's JVM.

--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson