"Fustini (proxys)" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have some problem with Linux RH 6.2 + JRun 3.0+ JDK 1.2.2 SUN.
> When i use getToolkit() method in a servlet a error appears  : DISPLAY
> value  :0.0 X11 Server not responding.
> I Have to know the width and the height of Image in my Webserver.
> I installed Jbuilder 4 and when I use it with the getToolkit() function
> It works very fine !!!
> I configured all X function and my X Desktop works very fine, my DISPLAY
> variabile is set to :0. and what else ?????

It is a "feature" of the AWT that using any AWT classes - even those that
do not have a GUI - requires that you run an X Window System server. This
server needs to run somewhere the servlet engine can find it. This isn't
happening right now - you are running an X server on your workstation, but
probably not on the server hosting the servlets.

The usual solution is to run the Xvfb server (an X server that does not
require display hardware) on the same host running the servlets.

Nathan