Calvin Austin wrote:

> I don't know if anyone else can verify this, but the bug listed below
> seems to be BSD socket related (ie OS related)

This is probably true.  However, I guess my point is 2 fold.

1)  The implementation doesn't match the API specification.  If
you can't work around it about the API level then you should be
able to work around it below the API and provide the specified
interface.  Which is possible.  Write once, run anywhere.

2)  The initial response from sun regarding this issue was to
change the API from not directly specifying what happens to
something that doesn't happen accross all platforms.  This
doesn't really help anything.

> If the ip address field is not used then the server gets the broadcast packets
> (it works) If the address is used then it doesn't.

This works the same in java.  When you don't specify and address,
you get all addresses.  Broadcast and otherwise.

jason

--
Jason Gilbert | http://home.hiwaay.net/~gilbertj/