Hi,

I've installed the j2sdkee1.2.1 from Sun on my Debian Linux box (i386).
It runs the Blackdown jdk1.3.0-FCS.

I was trying to make the converter EJB sample work. I can compile the
ejb files and package them without problems. Once I try to deploy it
using deploytool, it gives a problem: The log in the dialog 'Deployment
Progress' reads:
Contacted Server...
Application ConverterApp transferred
ConverterApp has 1 ejbs, 0 web components to deploy
Deploying Ejbs...
Processing beans...
Generating wrapper code for ConverterBean
Compiling wrapper code...

Deployment Error: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
/usr/lib/j2re1.3/lib/ext read)
--
And a message box pops up saying 'There was a deployment
error.java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occured in server

Any ideas?

If you need more information about my setup or I can help in debugging,
please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Matthias

--
Matthias Pfisterer      <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        Share your knowledge.
        It's a way to achieve immortality.

                 (from a nepalese mantra)

Java Sound Examples:
http://rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~pfistere/jsexamples/
Tritonus, the open source implementation of the Java Sound API:
http://www.tritonus.org/