Matt Welsh wrote:

> I am also counting all of the responses. The following threads in the
> last month or so I consider unrelated to Linux:

Matt, I think you're giving short shrift to those who are moving to Linux
from doing Java on other platforms - a prime audience for this list. A
few of the questions you mention are clearly generic, but many of them
reflect beginners problems with using Linux, the relationship of Linux
configuration to Java behavior, and Linux-type development environments.
This group is obviously not a Linux newbie forum, but answering such
questions with helpful pointers will help get more people productively
using Linux for Java work.

If you remove the Java-related questions for which the answers aren't the
same for Linux as for Windows, I think you'll see your list get much
shorter.

Nathan