Phew, I thought someone unsubscribed me from the list because of
the question, I had not received any reply for four days straight.

To be honest I can't retry the read operation because I would
go into a Hard loop if a real SocketException occured due to
some other reason. So I will use a count to keep track of the
number of times it occured.

Anyhow, the reason why this happens is still not clear.
Someone here must have something to say about this. I have
never seen this happen on Windows.

Thanks,
Santosh Dawara.
http://cravelinux.cjb.net