Hi,
thanks for your help.

Generally I'm thinking that my code doesn't feel so comfortable in apache module.
I already had a similar headache-problem with libmysqlclient.so (that linked
against pthreads and made crash apache) and I think I will have more and more
problems in the future if i don't separate my code from apache.

I'm thinking now to split my code into two pieces: an apache module and a separate
application (containing almost all of my code, including Invocation API calls).
The ap module (the client)
simply packs the request and "send" it to the application (the server). The
application will processes data and send back the response to the ap module that
returns it to apache. In this way (almost) all of my code lives in a separate
process space and I'm free from apache constrains.

What do you think of this solution?
Which is, for you, the best way to communicate between the module and application?

Do you think the overhead (for interprocess communication) will be inacceptable (I
need speed!)?

Paul Mclachlan wrote:

> After all that, I'm still in agreement with you about the outcome - do it in a
> seperate VM, not using the invocation API.

How can I use JNI calls from my application without the Invocation API (my
starting point is C (not java))?.

Thanks