Because you approached this subject , may I ask please :
Does the java debugger(j2sdk1.3, blackdown ) work at all on Linux platform
(Debian Potatoe) ?

What happens is that jdb get frozen.If  run "threadlocks" this is the
retrieved message.

VM Started: threadlocks
Internal exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.Commands.commandThreadlocks(Commands.java:15
19)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.TTY.executeCommand(TTY.java:431)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.TTY.<init>(TTY.java:625)
        at com.sun.tools.example.debug.tty.TTY.main(TTY.java:924).

I asked the same question on Debian mailing list , but no answer.
Can anybody please guide me please , haw to make jdb work ?

Thank you for your participation.
Florentin