Just to add my gripe on the NON-functionality of the j2sdk1.3.0 debugger:

It hangs as well on my Slackware 7.1 system: glibc-2.1.3.

I also upgraded my Xemacs version and I can't get JDE to work like it
used to: it hangs (obviously with j2sdk1.3.0) with the jdk1.2.2-RC4 also.

So what do linux-java developers use for debugging now??  We can't
stick with the jdk1.1 because we miss all those cool JMF and JAI classes.

Larry

Re:
Joaquin Rapela writes:
 > I am having troubles with jdb while using:
 >
 > RedHat 6.2, Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.3.0-FCS, mixed mode).
 >
 > When I run "jdb Test", where Test is a simple class, I get the
 > "Initializing jdb ...".
 >
 > When I type "run" I get:
 >
 > > run
 > run Test