Hi,

I installed a Blackdown Java 1.1.8 on my pc and tried to start an
application!

I got following error message:

"Unable to initialize threads - cannot find class java/lang/Thread"

Does anyone know why I get this message?

IBM Java 1.1.8 does not show up that error message - so I wonder if it
depends on Blackdown Java?

The reason for testing with 1.1.8 versions is that a special application
- a chat - (under RedHAT 6.2) only does not crash by using IBM 1.1.8!

Another question:

It looks like -cp has to be -classpath in BD JAVA 1.1.8 - is that
correct?

Best regards

Volker