On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Le, Paul wrote:

> I am upgrading the make utility from 3.74 to 3.79. I get the following error
> when I compile the program. It look like I need some header file, could some
> tell me what they are and where I can get these files.
>

> it-resort:/usr/src/make-3.79# make
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/make-3.79'
> Making all in glob
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/make-3.79/glob'
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -g -O2 -c glob.c
> In file included from glob.c:32:
> /usr/include/errno.h:27: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from glob.c:33:
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:4: linux/types.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from glob.c:34:
> /usr/include/sys/stat.h:8: linux/stat.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from glob.c:91:
> /usr/include/dirent.h:36: linux/limits.h: No such file or directory
> /usr/include/dirent.h:37: linux/dirent.h: No such file or directory
> In file included from /usr/include/dirent.h:94,
>                  from glob.c:91:

On Red Hat, linux/errno.h, linux/types.h, etc are provided by package
  kernel-headers-2.2.16-3

Files in /usr/include/bits/*.h, many in /usr/include, etc are provided
by package
  glibc-devel-2.1.3-22

These are often not installed by default, or upgraded by default.
Make sure your system has the equivalents for your distribution and
kernel.

$ uname -a
Linux joi 2.2.16-3 #1 Mon Jun 19 19:11:44 EDT 2000 i686 unknown
--
Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
Aravox Technologies          [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

No matter what we think of Linux versus FreeBSD, etc., the one thing I
really like about Linux is that it has Microsoft worried.  Anything
that kicks a monopoly in the pants has got to be good for something.
           - Chris Johnson