Hi!

I've been playing with font configuration of JDK1.3.0_02 under Linux/i386
with the aim of getting it to look the same as under Windows. Unfortunately
setting font.properties file to immitate Windows setup didn't make it really
identical - basically the fonts displayed by Linux version are 1 point
bigger.

I investigated it a bit further:

- using Metal LAF, Windows uses 12 point font (Arial, with default setup),
- Linux uses 13 point font with the same Metal LAF,
- a peek into DefaultMetalTheme revealed that size should in fact be 12,
- the *.ttf font files I'm using are identical in Windows and Linux version
- X-Window when asked for 12-point Arial does the right thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Milek
PS. I'm talking about Swing app.
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  "Man in the Moon and other weird things" -
http://wfmh.org.pl/~thorgal/  |  see it at http://wfmh.org.pl/~thorgal/Moon/