Hi Joi
Joi Ellis wrote this on 25-Mar-01 at 04:56:46
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Tim Hanson wrote:
>
>> This all works as expected most of the time but occasionally (1 time in 10)
>> everything slows down appallingly and takes about 4 times as long. Also
>> when this happens I loose all multitasking and the machine is jammed apart
>> from this thread. This happens even if I set the Thread priority to
>> MIN_PRIORITY.
>>
>> Does this sound familiar to anyone?
>
> That sounds like the JVM is running out of ram and firing off the garbage
> collector.  Try playing with the -X parameters on the java command to
> increase the heap size and see if the program runs longer before it jams.

Thanks to All.
That sound like the problem. If you look at my sig you`ll see that I`m not
exactly overpowered in the memory department.

Is there a way to get control over the gc? ie to make it run when I want?

--
any persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.
Tim Hanson,