I'm not sure if this is a match for your problem but look at:

http://forum.java.sun.com/read/16798709/qAsMC0m5SzuwAAYnH#LR

also
http://forum.java.sun.com/read/16798709/q_7RUKIJzLQEAAYoz#LR
has a comment that complains about JNI.

You might want to try the beta JDK 1.3.1, it fixed a similiar
error for me.

I don't know if this is sun only or also blackdown?