I'm having a problem with Blackdown's JDK 1.3 FCS.

I upgraded to Mandrake 8.0:
glibc 2.2
KDE 2.1
XFree86 4.0.3

When I use the mouse in a Swing or AWT app, the mouse clicks register strangely.

If I click the left mouse button 2 events, a left + right click are registered.
If I click the middle mouse button, middle + right are registered.
If I click the right mouse button, only a single right click is registered.

Has anyone on this list seen this before.

I have a machine at work running the same OS, and this doesn't happen.  The only
difference being the X driver.  At work I'm using an updated savage driver at
home the nvidia driver (latest 769).  Only gotcha is that the nvidia driver used
to work under Mandrake 7.2.

I don't know what the deal is.  Any hints?  Any fixes?  This really adversely
effects Netbeans performance.

-Jim