:> We have a requirement in our project which talks about updating the
windows
:> event log from Java. Can someone give us some pointers as to how we can
:> accomplish this task?.
:>
:> The event log needs to be filled through Java
:> code. for eg,. if an erorr like "database down"
:> arises, we have to, as usual, show the error page
:> plus enter an message in the event log as well. It
:> seems that there r many product in market which can
:> read from these OS/system log files and then send
:> e-mails to admins automatically. If the database is
:> down, the end user cannot do anything. Admins needs to
:> be informed and these people want it to be done using
:> system log files..