On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, IIS - Paul Morie locked 02/06/01 wrote:

> Additionally, here is the output when I try to run the example code:
>
> $> java -native -Djava.library.path=. HelloWorld
> Hello, World.  I'm going to call an exception now
> inside try block
> inside throw_it()
> Running constructor
> Abort

This is a known gcc 2.9x bug - it doesn't deal with exceptions from shared
libraries. 3.0 is supposed to have fixed this, but I haven't tried yet.

A way to fix it may be to statically link the gcc libraries into your
(libgcc, crt1 and their friends) shared library - the magic of -Bstatic
and -Ur in ld may do the trick, but I am not sure if it will work.

-- dimitris
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]