On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Alan Hawrelak wrote:

> Sam Joseph wrote:
>
>> I can extract the blackdown version, and unpack it but when I try
>> to run
>>
>> the java command I get this:
>>
>> l008064:~/j2sdk1.3.0/bin # ./java -version
>> Error: can't find libjava.so.

Looks more like he tried to run a x86 build on S/390

> You might want to double check that the unpacked version of
> libjava.so has the executable bit set. I have unpacked versions of
> the distribution where none of the shared libraries were set as
> executable.

Why should shared libraries be marked as executable?  The dynamic
linker does not require this and trying to execute a shared library
usually results in a core dump.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html